So, Another lockdown - what to do
If you're living in a city or country with newly implemented COVID-19 restrictions, it's likely you're probably sitting at home wondering how you're going to get through the next few weeks.
Now that there's really nowhere to go - there is really no better time to get started on that little idea you've been questioning or putting aside. You have ample time to spend in your home with your thoughts, and opportunity to focus on your soon to be hustle or better, full time beat.
Some of the best businesses were started during recessions. So, instead of thinking there might be a better time, trust yourself enough to know you can start today - right now - and you can be set up to succeed.
Each day you wait, is a day longer it will take you to achieve success. We all know these days have put immense pressure on our mental health. It's easy to look at all the reasons why shouldn't shouldn't do something, or feel you can't do something, but instead - find the little spark inside that says you can, and focus on that.
"You shouldn't focus on why you can't do something, which is what most people do. You should focus on why perhaps you can, and be one of the exceptions." -Steve Case
First step - just start!
Use this time to hone in on what you really want to do. Maybe you want to create hand crafted goods, or perhaps you have always felt a desire to help others in some way shape or form. Whatever it is, honing in on your purpose and your passion is a key to starting off on the right foot.
The second you choose to start, ride the wave and stick with it. I've packed up some pro tips for you to help guide you below.
A few pro tips for you:
- Write down all of your ideas and thoughts - sleep on them and come back the next day to review them. Each effort will better refine your craft, helping you further understand your business.
- Dedicate time each day to your ideas.
- Look outwards at what society needs right now - is your product or service something the world is wanting at this moment in time? We are in the middle of a global pandemic, so to set yourself up for success, make sure it is something you feel the world needs.
- Consistency is key, nothing come overnight so trust in the process.
- Once you feel ready to take the next step and really start - download my template on "how to start a business" and get cracking!